Jun. 07, 2020
Better Than Getting Even
1 Samuel 25:2–42; 1 Peter 3:9–11: Matthew 5:43–44
- “David’s isn’t an __________ life but an __________ life.”
- Author/Pastor Eugene Peterson ~ Leap Over a Wall
- 2.How Do You Treat Others?
- a.The _________Rule: Do unto others as you would have __________do unto you.
- b.The __________World: Do unto others as others have __________unto you.
- c.The problem with getting __________is that it makes you __________with someone you don’t __________want to be like.
- 3.Three Ways To Treat Others
- a.The Nabal Way: Return __________for __________. 1 Samuel 25:2-11
- b.The David Way: Return __________for __________. 1 Samuel 25:12-13
c.The Abigail Way: Return __________for __________. 1 Samuel 25:14-42
- ÞThe Abigail Way invites us to become the person __________wants us to become.
“Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
1 Peter 3:9-12
- ÞThe Abigail Way is __________.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I (Jesus) say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
- 4.Application:When Someone Mistreats You, Ask…
- a.What will it __________if I choose to get even?
- b.Do I want the story of my life to be a forgettable story or a remarkable story?
- c.What would it look like for me to return __________________?
- a.It’ll set you __________. It’ll set you __________.
- b.It really is __________than getting even.