May. 17, 2020
1 Samuel 17:1-11, 24-26, 31-37, 41-50
- 1.The History of Israel Before David.
- 2.David…1 Samuel 17
- a.…was _______________.
- b.…was _______________.
- c.…was _______________.
- ÞUnlike the typical king, David loved the _______________ rather than despised it. Even when it _______________ him.
- ÞDavid believed the law was given by _______________.
- 3.“king David”
- a.…was never confused about Israel’s true _______________.
- b.…was never confused about his _______________ role; in spite of his popularity, military success, and power.
- c.…reveals this unusual _______________ from an early age.
“When Saul and all Israel heard these words of the Philistine,
they were dismayed and greatly afraid.”
1 Samuel 17:11
“David said to the men who stood by him, ‘What shall be done for the man who kills this Philistine, and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?’”
1 Samuel 17:26
“Your servant has killed both lions and bears; and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be like one of them, since he has defied the armies of the living God.”
1 Samuel 17:36
- d.…ultimately places his _______________ in the Lord.
“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me. No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame; let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for my hope is in you all day long.
- e.…declared to Goliath, the Philistines, and Israel that the _______________ belongs to the Lord.
- f.…kills Goliath and immediately becomes the most _______________ person in the nation ~ at the unlikely age of roughly 15.
- 4.David Shows Us That Those Who _______________In The Lord…
- a.…see more _______________.
- b.…act more _______________.
- c.…walk more _______________.
- a.“king David” was Israel’s greatest king because as king, he never confused himself with the _______________.
- b.However, in the early years that wasn’t always the case…_______________in next week for more of the story!
(Reminder: Communion elements will be needed in two weeks ~ May 31 if you choose to participate in The Lord's Supper on Pentecost Sunday.)